I began working on the platinum template nearly a year ago. My previous highest level template, the Gold Strength & conditioning template (at one point called the level 5), hadn't been improved as much as I hoped in well over a year. So I decided I wanted to move forward to finally upgrade that template.
Little did I know, I was going down a rabbit hole of upgrades, most of which I didn't even plan! What came out of the new version of the Platinum template was the most functional, usable and advanced strength and conditioning excel template ever made. Not only is it better than every excel template, it is the best program design tool on the market. And I say this with a literal 100% confidence: there is no software out there that works more like you think.
It started simple, the new platinum template initially had:
- Adjustable Exercise Categories - I wanted every coach to be able to change categories whenever they wanted.
- Batch save as PDF - save every athletes program as their own PDF file on your hard drive
- Multiple Rosters - instead of a single list of athletes, be able to sort athletes by their team.
- New user-friendly dashboard.
- Save & Recall training programs from a database - never lose a program after you make it
- Delete training programs easily with 1 click of a button
- Clear training programs entirely with 1 click - start from scratch without having to delete everything manually
I had a few sales, but wasn't entirely happy with it: I saw the potential, and knew I could add more. During this entire period of updates, I didn't release a single small batch updates along the way, nor did I take on a single custom template request, as I wanted to dedicate every minute to making the next version perfect. However, every single thing increased the complexity of the the template, and the integration of every piece even more. More code, more pictures, images, functions and features: more problems. But I knew I was on to something, and kept going. Next I added:
- Login Form with admin restriction access - protect your template from outside access, and limit sub-user access to certain pages
- Batch email as PDF or XLSX - email every single athlete on your list their own training program with 1 click of a button.
- Batch save as XLSX File - save every athletes program as individual XLSX files
- Individual functions - quick access to save an individual program as a PDF, XLSX, or email to that athlete as an XLSX or PDF
- Welcome Page - get easy access to the tabs you need with this welcome page
- Error page - something went wrong? You will be redirected to an error page with instructions on what to do
- Built in FAQ - answers 95% of your questions directly on the template, with pictures, instructions and breakdowns
- No blank space on set & rep dropdowns - this was a PITA, but it made program design much easier as there it eliminated all blank space on the templates.
- 100% compatible with Excel 2011+ for all systems. Now, not only did every line of code have to work once: it had to work with every system on the market.
- VBT & Tempo Compatible versions of every template
As you can see, the time and effort into this template has been absolutely mind-blowing. And I loved every minute of it. I loved designing a program that I know can help every single coach in the country better than any software care. I love knowing that I can help coaches make better programs in less time, that I can save hours a week on program design and management, and coaches can use that to learn, study, teach or be home with family. And this template is only going to improve! Here are some images of how this template looks as of today, and will look on release day in just a few short weeks:
In addition to making this 100% functional on a single template, I copied every file, script and line of code to 7 different variations. The result was coaches will have the ability to pick the absolute best template to help improve the programs they write, without having to sacrifice what they do.