Gold Template FAQ
- How do you change exercise categories?
All of my training spreadsheets use grouping to hide the control panels, as well as % columns, to save space. In order to access the control panels, simply click the + sign above the columns.
Remember to close those columns before printing the sheets, however!
- Exercises are not adding to my exercise list?
In order to make exercises properly add to your list and be visible in dropdowns, you need to make sure they "enter the table".
Here is a picture of an exercise list that is not properly formatted:
Steps to fix this:
- Close and reopen then sheet, and make sure you have macros enabled.
- Go back to your list, click the most recent exercise that is NOT in the table. Click the formula bar, and press enter.
- If you see color enter behind the exercise, it has properly entered the table. Repeat this process for all exercises that are not entered into the table.
Always add exercises in the most recent box in the exercise list; purposely leaving spaces will not expand the list to grow with your exercises. You can use fillers if you need to.
View Video:View Video
- What factors go into calculating a weight?
On the platinum template, there are several factors that go into calculating a weight for an athlete:
1. The global percentage regulator
2. The daily % regulator (in yellow)
3. The set and rep scheme %
4. The exercise % and alt max (When saving exercises, you must assign a % of an exercise to it. For example, it may say Bench Press 100% BP, to calculate from 100% of your bench press max. You may use Front Squat 80% BS to calculate a front squat max from 80% of your back squat max!)
5. The athletes training maxes.
If you are having trouble getting the weight to appear, make sure all of these things are set how you want!